Merzifonlu Kara Mustafa Pasha, one of the most famous Grand Viziers of the Ottoman Empire, has accomplished the power he has acquired in bureaucracy and the foundation works he has built many times in the Ottoman lands. Upon his execution (December 25, 1683), the entire property of Pasha was confiscated by the state. According to the foundation of H.23 Expedition in Kara Mustafa Pasha's General Directorate of Foundations Archives dated April 1678, 1089 / M.16; Amasya / Merzifon, Kayseri / Incesu, Çorum, İstanbul and Kamaniçe.
The fact that the foundations of Pasha in Aleppo, Izmir, Mudanya and Jeddah were not included in this foundation demonstrates that they were built after the date of M.1678. XVII. Century is a period in Anatolia where the banditry movements are intense. One of the places in the Central Anatolian Region where the Celalî revolts are felt most severely is İncesu. A large programmed range has been built by Merzifonlu Kara Mustafa Pasha in the İncesu township which is located on an important road route. With the construction of the Kulliye the town has been revitalized and has become an important center. In the period when the central authority weakened after the Celali Rebellions of the Ottoman State and the caravan routes and the security of the people were not provided, economic and social privileges were granted by exemption from public taxes and similar obligations and to speed up the construction of so called “range complexes”.
The commercial complex caravanserai has come to the forefront in halting place complex. Merzifonlu Kara Mustafa Pasha complex in İncesu, with its comprehensive and multi functional plan scheme, It is a large building community built in the third quarter of the century. It is programmed to respond to the various needs of the inhabitants coming to the municipality to create a residential and commercial center. The complex has some of the old mausoleums built 15–17th centuries, such as the caravanserai, arasta, the mosque, the madrasah, the mosque, the shops and the baths are used as a unifying element between the two courtyards (the part where the shops selling the same products in the bazaars). However, the other range is separated from the complexes by the fact that “the eastern ceiling of the kulliye” has been fortified like a fortification, which is not seen in Anatolia at all.
In the construction of the mausoleum, cut stone was used as a cover material in the cover of the mosque, bath, caravanserai and madrasah classroom cell as well as the cut stone in the color close to the locality. Yet another feature that sets itself apart is the fact that a vaulted crucifix not unique to Anatolia was used in some places. Decorations are kept simple in all structures of the Kulliye. The Kulliye was built in H.1081 / M.1670, located in the center of the town of İncesu, with a slightly rugged area beside the İncesu River. The courthouse, the nursery, the tannery, the two eye dyes, the jugular, the five fountains, the houses of many constitutional residences (the house where the residents and foundation officials are located) and the warehouse did not reach the daily building.
The architect of the Kulliye is uncertain. The main structure of the Kulliye is the caravanserai. The caravanserai, which completely covers the eastern edge of the building community, consists of closed courtyard and closed sections. The portico is entered through the narrow arched doors that open near the center of the eastern and western facades. The research of the mosque is placed in a straight line between the courtyard wall of the mosque and the caravanserai, and determines the main axis of the mosque. On the back walls of the shops forming the western wing of the 11.5 m wide street shops located on both sides of the street, rubble was used, and all the other parts were cut with stone.
31 of the 32 shops mentioned at the Foundation reached today, while the oven was partially destroyed. According to what the residents and surrounding residents have described, it is understood that there is a door on the southern edge of the building. The north side of Arastan is open. The door that opened to the middle of the eastern ceiling of Arastan and the portico of the caravanserai were also contacted by the courtyard of the mosque. The eastern face of Arastan maintains almost its originality. To the west of the Kulliye, in the center of the large courtyard is a mosque consisting of a domed bath and a three–parted communal area in the north. The single–honored minaret rises at the north–western corner of the bath.